Saturday, January 2, 2010

I am the luckiest grandaughter...

My grandma and grandpa cook brought this to my wedding.
It's from my great grandma Smellie.
My grandma Cook told me that she made
it a long time ago for me.
And they found it stored in a closet,
just waiting for the perfect time to
give to me.
She even made it purple!
(my favorite color)
I love it so much! It was the perfect
gift.


She stitched this tag on it.
How perfect.




 

Then my grandma Jones made this one for my wedding.
I love them both so much!
What talented crafty ladies.


 


On my wedding day, we were going to just
gather up some flowers from my grandmother's garden,
for my bouquet.
We didn't have time.
So I didn't think I was going to have one.
When I was escorted to the waiting room
in the temple after leaving the
gorgeous bridal room,
I was handed the most beautiful,
elegant bouquet.



And this is what I saved from it...






 

I dried one flower in a book.
And put it in a frame.
It turned out so great! I love it!


1 comment:

Kristy said...

What great keepsakes! All of them will mean so much to you and your kids. Love you! Kristy